March 2016 Update
Puget Sound Energy has announced a preferred route for the Energize Eastside project. Called "Willow 2," the route responds to community feedback by limiting pole heights and effects to Eastside neighborhoods and the environment.
Our preferred route uses the existing corridor as much as possible, replaces four poles with one or two poles, and avoids new corridors and sensitive areas whenever possible. This route, along with three other options, will be analyzed in the project Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
Specifically, our preferred route means:
- In Redmond and Bellevue (north of Interstate 90): We'll replace the four existing poles with one pole typically 100 feet in height
- For the Factoria area:
- In Somerset, we'll replace the four existing poles with two poles typically 65 feet in height
- On Southeast Newport Way and Factoria Boulevard Southeast, we'll add single poles generally at 80 feet in height
- In Newcastle: We'll replace the four existing poles with two poles typically 85 feet in height
- In Renton: We'll replace the four existing poles with one pole typically 100 feet in height
We will continue to listen and learn as the project and EIS process progress.
This website provides details about PSE’s preferred route and three additional options, background on the Energize Eastside project, and next steps.
For additional materials and background information, please visit the Energize Eastside project website at pse.com/energizeeastside.